[Todos] amazing

Simmy Barr uuixo at thewheel.karoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 27 14:31:05 ART 2006

You need an effective intersection of function and form.
Instead consider putting in some extra hours or think of the reframing process as a side-project if you have to.
Every aspect of their communication with customers needs to reflect that.
Function is no longer enough if it is not clearly exposed and communicated.
" and "Why do I care? But the user community can't do the revolutionary innovation for us.
Experience design tends to become more important as you move up the curve. " and "Why do I care? Clothing is another area where style is a huge differentiator.
Everybody knows what knives and pans do: no designer needs to communicate that to us. After all for utility to exist, a product has to work. But the reality is that scientific and artistic forms emerge from joint thinking, passionate conversations, and shared struggles.
However, there are actually very few product types out there that are only differentiated by style. If I could see a place where we might diverge it is with your statement: "the focus on getting things to work. But there's a lot of examples of it in action today.
In the beginning, users need functionality. When you say "functionality is the reason for the design" I know what you mean but there's an important distinction you are glossing over.
" and "Why do I care?
The main issue at that stage is what it does, how it works. " to "If I could get half the things I want to get working to work, I would be a successful engineer".
Instead consider putting in some extra hours or think of the reframing process as a side-project if you have to. Why not have something that functions well and has great usability?
Function is critical. So MySpace will definitely need to become more usable over time, unless it can repeatedly reset the lifecycle by adding valuable functionality.
When you say "functionality is the reason for the design" I know what you mean but there's an important distinction you are glossing over. We bought them because they work well. The first cars were essentially boxes, as manufacturing caught up- you saw a lot more styling.
This leaves very little time and money for distinguishing design.