[Todos] INVITACION a 2 CONFERENCIAS

Vera H. vera at ic.fcen.uba.ar
Wed Mar 3 14:01:28 ART 2004

El  INSTITUTO DE CALCULO  invita a las siguientes

Conferencias para el Dia Martes 9 de Marzo de 2004:

1ra. Conferencia: 17 hs.

. "FUNCTIONAL REGRESSION AND PRINCIPAL COMPONENTS ANALYSIS FOR SPARSE
LONGITUDINAL DATA"

Prof. Jane-Ling Wang
Dept. of Statistics, University of California at Davies

RESUMEN
We porpose a nonparametric method to perform functional regression and
principal components analysis for sparce longitudinal data that consist of
noisy measurements with underlying smooth random trajectories for each
subject in a sample. The number of repeated measurement available per
subject is typically small, and their spacing is irregular. Our method
includes determination of the most appropiate function base from the data
and the associated coefficients of the basis functions for each individual.
The proposed method easily handles situations where for most subjects not
more than two measurements are available. It is also suitable for functional
regression where both the predictor and response are functions of a
covariate such as time. Asymptotic properties are investigated under mild
conditions, using tools from functional analysis. We ilustrate the methods
withba simulations study, longitudinal CD4 data in AIDS patients and a
functional regression analysis of the dynamic relationship of immunoproteins
albumin and CRP.n

2da. CONFERENCIA: 18 hs.

. "THE EFFECT OF TUNING AND SCALE ON THE BREAKDOWN POINT OF REDESCENDING
M-ESTIMATES"

Prof. David Tyler
Dept. of Statistics, University of Rutgers

Instituto de Calculo
Fac. de Cs. Exactas y Naturales
Pabellón II, 2do. Piso
Ciudad Universitaria,

Martes 9 de Marzo de 2004
a las 17 hs. y a las 18 hs.
TE: 4 576-3375

QUEDAN   TODOS   CORDIALMENTE   INVITADOS