[Todos] detailed Q

Arthur Clarke nihmn at propertyessentials.com.au
Tue Jan 15 15:58:39 ART 2002

Thats where all this doughs coming from that Cabell is spendingon fences and stables. He shuffled a pack of greasy cards and dealt five of them toGeoffrey and five to himself. You think its mad, do you, Jerry Coyle said.
I dont want to ride it at all, James said, and hurried away.
But no man ever told me I was a bad shearerbefore, boss.
Howincontrovertibly right it made that rage seem.
Herprecocious eyes glittered against her hollow face with its highcheekbones and wide mouth. And Cabells one of them thathelped to put em there.
While he gaped at her a hand wrenched her awayand the window slammed.
My ultimate colonial experience without a doubt, Shaftoechuckled, but not to-night, Josephine. Iask the young gent to write his name on a ten of hearts. It isnt right you talking about your old man that way, Berrysaid. Afew shearers with sparrow guns aint enough. Simple fellow, hewas dumbstruck at first, then broken-hearted, then angry. No, no, one day youll be a rich squatter.
Hed soon come running afterus when he seen the grass filling his wool with seed. Hes got ten thousand cattle and a hundred thousand sheep.
He jerked his face at them as he spoke, like a dog snapping at theair.
He collapsedpanting into Liams arms and goggled over Liams shoulder atCabell, still shouting Gold!
The long, low hut was a noisome place for men to eat and sleep in.
The way a man goes into the bush withhis mate and they stick together.
Ill play, Geoffrey offered, reaching for the match box. The others stopped at the door of the hut watching them. The way the lags used to share a bit of rotten meatwith a bloke that had none.
His duck suitwas dirty, the trousers concertinaed up his thin legs.
The bunks were made of rough slabs covered with straw.
James glanced resentfully from face to face, repudiating them all,even Larry.
But he flushed again, remembering what Peppiotthad said: Got a prize blood horse, have you?
As he drew nearer his wild yodellingstook form.