[Lcefiec] International Master Program in Infection Biology- Call for teaching positions

Cybele García cygarcia at qb.fcen.uba.ar
Thu Dec 13 14:33:30 ART 2012

Estimados Colegas,
agradecería la difusión de esta convocatoria entre las distintas
Instituciones académicas y de investigación de todo el país. Ante la
cantidad de mensajes recibidos hacemos las siguientes aclaraciones:

- las propuestas NO deben incluir un programa detallado
- las propuestas pueden incluir tanto cursos teóricos, prácticos como
teórico-prácticos
- las propuestas pueden incluir una carga horaria flexible según la
modalidad elegida (teórico-práctico, etc)
- NO es requisito tener un cargo docente para enviar una propuesta
- las clases deben ser dictadas en INGLES
- serán contempladas propuestas enviadas hasta el 15 de febrero, siempre y
cuando nos envien una carta de intención de participar del programa antes
del 22 de diciembre

cualquier duda o información que necesiten, pueden en contactarme. Saludos,

Dra. Cybele Carina García
Laboratorio de Virología
Depto. de Qca. Biológica
Fac. Cs. Exactas y Naturales
Universidad de Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires, November 15th, 2012

Dear Professor/Researcher,

It is our pleasure to invite you to participate at the International
Master Program in Infection Biology between Germany and Argentina
supported by the German and the Argentinean Ministries of Science and
Technology.  After a pilot project within the framework of CUUA-DAHZ
(http://www.cuaa-dahz.org/es/home/ ) we now wish to submit the full
proposal containing a detailed curriculum in May 2013.
This innovative initiative joining Hannover Medical School and the
University of Buenos Aires is intended to offer Graduate students from
Germany and Argentina (& Latin America) an interdisciplinary high level
education program including different aspects of immunology of infectious
diseases.  By building a scientific team from several disciplines, it is
our intention to propose a modern, original, translational and attractive
curriculum. We would like to involve researchers that might not only teach
the students but could also cooperate to strengthen collaborative
scientific and academic interactions between Germany and Argentina.  We
would like to invite you and members of your Department to submit a
proposal for a full course. We really hope you will accept to join our
ambitious program and that your proposal will be selected.  Since the full
proposal needs to be evaluated soon we would kindly ask you to reply with
more details regarding your potential contribution by December 22th at the
latest.  Please find enclosed an example for the curriculum, where we e.g.
detailed a master course in immunology (we still need a master course
immunology, this is just a template!). This template is taken from a
German Master program and indicates the amount of information needed for
e.g. a practical course which also needs to be evaluated by the German
authorities.  The steering committee will pre-select the matching courses
from all disciplines (e.g. immunology, parasitology, virology,
microbiology, biochemistry, anatomy, bioinformatics, physiology, cell
biology, etc.) and we will invite the pre-selected applicants for a final
interview in March 2013. Many thanks in advance and looking forward to
hearing from you!
Yours sincerely,

Prof. Dr. med. Tim Sparwasser
Prof. Dr. Verónica García